Peklava is a marketing company helping to connect consumers to financial services products such as mortgages, insurance, and bank accounts. Our largest brand is RateZip, which has matched over 4 million homeowners to mortgage lenders since 2007.
We are looking for a full stack web developer who can start out on a freelance / contract basis, before coming on full time. You will work directly with the founder and EVP of the company, and what you build will be seen by millions of consumers each year.
What will you do in this role?
- Design, build and maintain consumer facing Single Page Applications
- Design, build and maintain crucial infrastructure, such as our servers, databases, and internal business intelligence dashboards
- Automate mundane and repetitive tasks, implement Infrastructure as code. Find solutions to abstract problems
- Stay on top of web technologies and provide technical leadership
- Promote best practices within the team and organization
- Minimum of 4 years experience doing related web development work
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Front end: Experience working with React or Vue
- Front end: Ability to build user interfaces using modern web standards
- Backend: Proficient in PHP, Python, or Node.js
- Backend: Proficient in RDBMS such as mysql/postgresql
- Backend: Proficient with Cloud Platforms such as Digital Ocean/AWS/Azure/GCP
- Backend: Comfortable doing basic server admin work
- Backend: Experience working with and building APIs
Desirable (but not required)
- Design skills
- Experience using Google Tag Manager / Google Analytics
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $120,000 per year, dependent on experience and skill level
Benefits: 401K and employer matching health coverage
You can work remotely or in our office, the choice is yours.